Sunday, September 30, 2012

Earthquake!

Yes, we had two earthquakes here in north Texas last night! Thanks to the gas fracking in Irving and Dallas. It has the makings for a great disaster plot.

On the subject of getting shaken, my crit group decided that they liked my WIP in First Person instead of the Third i'd been posting. Yikes! Switching has been incredibly hard.

Example from my first paragraph:

Old Version: 
Grounding wasn’t so bad if you didn’t get caught sneaking out. And I’d never, ever gotten caught. Smiling at my skills, I hauled my long legs out of my bedroom window onto the ledge. I whisper-yelled to my buddy, “It’s windy, but we can make it.”

New version: 
Grounding isn't so bad if you don't get caught sneaking out. And I never, ever, get caught. Smiling at my skills, I haul my long legs out of my bedroom window onto the ledge. The brick is slippery, but I manage to get to the corner. I whisper-yell to my buddy, “It’s windy, but we can make it.” 

Seeing the First Person difference has caused a lot of shaking goin' on for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment