Tuesday, August 4, 2015

PitchWars

So, it's time for Brenda Drake's #PitchWars contest.
If you have a finished MS, are looking for a Mentor, and are ready to work, hell, yeah. PitchWars.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/PitchWars?src=hash

I've already found at least five potential Mentors that I'd love to work with.

So, polish your words and present your best. In the words of Lori Goldstein:

"Let Us Be Your Dumbledore, Your Obi-Wan, Your Coach Taylor, Your Stefan Salvatore"


In the spirit of the Bio, here are ten facts about me:

* I'm a freelance copy editor and copy writer, so I'm used to revisions. Multiple revisions. As in slap-yourself-in-the-face revisions

* I a a bona-fide lover of all things British. Even went over the pond with family to the Doctor Who exhibit in Cardiff, Wales (!)

 * Token editor/pointer outer of an ongoing international crit group

* Young Adult novels thrill my heart

* History rocks. I got to see a 3,000-year-old bog body in Ireland and was in heaven

* I'm much older than my creative guy husband. *laughs like I don't care*

* My first job out of college: an artist. Our studio was an old ballroom on top of a mountain

* Yes, I'm ridiculously short–get over it

* Love valiant MCs. Especially the non-male type

* My bookshelves are filled with fantasy YA, mystery YA, historical fiction and SciFi



No comments:

Post a Comment