Tuesday, February 17, 2015

DEBUT for "The UnQuiet"

Mikaela Everett's debut novel sounds great. The interview on Frenzy is worth reading.


The premise: "The Unquiet takes us deep inside the psyche of a strong teenage heroine struggling with what she has been raised to be and who she really is. Fans of eerily futuristic and beautifully crafted stories such as Never Let Me Go, Orphan Black, and Fringe will find themselves haunted by this unsettling debut.

FAVORITE TAKAWAY:
Frenzy: Do you have any advice for writers who are just starting out? 
ME:  Thank you! My best advice: Don’t take no for an answer. The road to publication is filled with so many no’s and I think after a while, we start to echo that same word to ourselves. (No, I can’t do this. No, I’m not good enough. No, I’m not brave enough. I’ve definitely been there!) And it’s especially discouraging when the story in your head doesn’t initially come out the way you want it to, but the ability to put the right words on paper isn’t something anyone, even the very best writer or storyteller, was born with. Every word you write is one step closer to accomplishing your goal. Don’t take no for an answer, and don’t ever fall out of love with books—reading or writing them.

Check it out on Tumblr http://tinyurl.com/oj27rta

2 comments:

  1. Super great advice that is so true, especially about how all those no's can make you feel. And that's an awesome cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leandra. I have two WIPs that I keep working. Fingers crossed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete